Wednesday 19 February 2014

An educational blog

For this blog, I decided to research into an educational blog. Whilst looking on my blog list, I came across this blog that brought to my attention.

Why do schools side-line religious education?

Throughout this blog, they are sharing their opinions and views on how Religious Education isn’t being taken seriously enough throughout school. It is undervalued and unappreciated.

The blog then goes on to discuss that lessons on RE are especially necessary after leaving school, as later on in life, if not in school we meet people from different backgrounds, traditions and religious beliefs from across the world. “The underestimated importance of RE is also that it helps overcome prejudices and negative stereotype. If people have a better understanding of other faiths, they’re less likely to be dismissive of issues that don’t concern them directly”.


I agree with this blog, and that’s why I have decided to talk about it more in depth in my blog. In today’s society I think that people are to east to judge other people and be prejudice. Having RE as a class in school opens up people’s eyes to understand and appreciate different cultures and the way they chose to live their life compared to ours. 

Have a look yourself and see if you agree! :) 

http://www.theguardian.com/education/mortarboard/2014/jan/15/dont-dismiss-religious-education-school

No comments:

Post a Comment