Wednesday 19 February 2014

Homeschooling


Homeschooling:



Home-schooling is one of the most talked about subjects when it comes to education. I am here to look into both positives and negative’s to see if I can come up with a conclusion of if I agree with it or not.






The Pro’s
·          A lot of children in schools are under pressure to ‘fit in’ by trends and ‘keeping friends’. Home schooling provides children with safety and makes them feel a sense of comfort as they are in their own surroundings.

·                           Physical freedom
-          With the child’s time no longer revolving around school hours, homework, and the school calendar; the parents/children can now fix their time according to their schedule that makes them happy rather than what they have to do.
·         Religion
-          Many families believe that religion and their beliefs are important in everyday life and throughout education. Home Schooling gives parents the opportunity to include religion into their everyday life.
·         Not as much busywork.
-          Home schooled children can accomplish in a few hours, what would take normally a week or more to cover in the classroom. Children are more focused and don’t have the distractions that children would have in the classroom. It is more of a calmed atmosphere.
The Con’s
·         Financial Restraints
-          It is an awful lot of money and time to invest in home schooling and can put a lot of restraints on the relationship of the parents or the child.
·         Living outside the norm.
-          Home-schooling can be lonely for children as they are not around other children/friends. They can also not realise what living in the ‘real world’ is like as they are not having the same experiences as the other children in schools. Children also will not be part of any teams as are no longer in a school

My opinion

Personally, Home schooling would not be for me. I loved being part of a school as I enjoyed going because friends and being in a team as I was in the netball team raised my confidence. Being in a school made me I feel ready for the ‘real world’ as I experienced a lot and although schools had it’s difficult times for me; I learnt from it and feel that I have become who I am because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment